Thursday, October 9, 2008

Made 100 miles today!!!

It was quite the adventure to get there. No school today, so not only was my son home but his friend was over. I thought (first mistake) that I would be able to ride uninterupted. Not! They built a huge matchbox track that I had to go "judge". Paused the trainer (I justified it as a rest stop break after 13 miles) and set off to see the track.

Took a minute before resuming my ride to refill water bottles and grabbed a gel (legs were a tiny bit sore today, more on this later). When I hit F3 (to cancel) saving the report so I could resume riding, my PC crashed. The ominous "blue screen of death" appeared. This happened on days 1 & 2, so I have sent an email to Computrainer to see if they can help diagnose the problem.

After rebooting my PC, I was finally able to set off on the rest of my ride. I hit the 100 mile mark on Stage 1 and called it a day. 90 minutes of riding today (not counting my "down" time).

If my math is correct that means it only took me 7 1/2 hours to ride 100 miles (ok, over 5 days, but I still did it). 21.9 miles left to cross the finish line of Stage 1 and claim my yellow jersey.

I just realized I don't have a yellow jersey, guess I need to go shopping :)

My legs were a little sore today, but I realized that I rode more this week than I did the entire month of September. Tomorrow will be 1 week since I started my epic journey and I'm getting more excited each day. Did your workout motivate you today?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elliptical machine offers an excellent exercise routine that work on some muscle groups. Treadmills and cross trainer are the most popular elliptical machines. There is a wide variety of treadmills available that come with different features and come with the option to add different features. You can get more information about Treadmillswhich I browsed on internet can fetch you help.