Friday, October 10, 2008

Yellow Jersey for me!

I earned my first yellow jersey today, of course I realized yesterday that I don't have a yellow jersey, so I'm wearing my yellow LiveStrong running shirt. It will do just fine.

I completed Stage 1 of the Tour de Trainer today. 1 hour 48 minutes. A little longer than I thought it would take, but my legs were feeling the effects of multiple days in a row of hard riding. Factor in that there is a killer hill for the last mile of this stage and I'd wager money that I wouldn't be the only one to slow down!

Taking a long weekend with the family, so no riding until Tuesday, when Stage 2 starts. I think I may pick up a book to read on the "real" Tour as I know very little about it other than it's in July, in France, and is completed during the month with a few rest days here and there. Oh, and Lance won it 7 times in a row, which is a record.

Totals for Stage 1:
Last Friday 2 hours 25 miles
Monday 2 hours 25 miles
Tuesday 1 hour 12 miles
Wednesday 1 hour 15 miles
Thursday 90 minutes 22 miles
Friday 110 minutes 21.9 miles

Totals, about 9 1/2 hours to ride 121.9 (hilly) miles.

Stage 2 starts Tuesday I haven't looked at the course yet, but I promise to let you know before I start how it looks! What is your goal for the weekend?

4 comments:

Nigel said...

Congrats on your yellow jersey! I have thought of doing the same thing, downloaded the '08 stages but have not ridden any yet. You're way braver than I.

whareagle said...

Awesome job, and you probably worked HARDER than most TdF cyclists, especially when you consider that you have no ability to coast or change your position or draft (unless you were behind the silver surfer).

Bene! Bene! Bene!

TortugaVeloz said...

Are you not afraid of blowing up your unit when reaching the hillier stages? I blew mine halfway on the climb to the Alpe d'Huez course!!(overheated), now I'm too afraid to go beyond 5% percent grades over too many K's...If not I would consider to take the challenge. Anyway, congratulations, keep us posted!!

KML5 said...

Lani, what's the latest, are you still in the hunt?????? Howz it goin???

RCVman.blogspot.com