Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tour de Trainer Day 1

I woke up on Friday dreading my workout. Jennisse (my coach, www.echeloncoaching.com) had me down for a 2 hour ride. Don't get me wrong, I love a long ride, but am a VERY fair weather rider. It was only 55 degrees outside so it was an inside day for me! I was looking forward to really getting to know the Computrainer (www.computrainer.com) my wonderful husband bought for me this past Spring. However, the idea of 2 hours staring at a screen made me wonder if the thrill would last all winter. I needed a plan, a goal, something tangible. Improvements for next year are good, but spring is a long way off.

Over breakfast it hits me. I'll ride the Tour de France. No, I haven't lost my mind. I had downloaded all 21 stages from the computrainer website. A little math and I confirm that while ambitious, it's a goal I should be able to achieve by spring. 21 stages, 2,220 miles. It's Friday, October 3rd. Presuming it's not regularly warm enough for me to ride outside until April at the earliest, that gives me 6 whole months to complete the Tour. 6 months. 24 weeks. Just under 100 miles a week on average.

Ambitious? Yes! Doable? Yes!

Now I have a plan, a goal, I'm ready to ride. Whose game enough to ride the Tour de Trainer with me? Stage 1 awaits...

No comments: